OPPORTUNITIES | Individuals with Disabilities
Individuals with disabilities (IWD) are an important and growing part of the NAVAIR team. We provide a safe, accommodating, inclusive work environment, and we remain committed to lowering the barriers to work for all IWD.
NAVAIR has expanded IWD hiring initiatives and education within our organization. Some of our ongoing efforts include:
- Non-competitive hiring authorities
- Dedicated IWD Barrier Removal Team
- Disability Mentoring Days and Disability Employment Awareness Month activities
- Meet-and-greet events and feedback forms to identify barriers to full employment
- Assistive technology training
- NAVAIR Wounded Warrior Program
- Veteran support groups
- IWD/Wounded Warrior hiring and support events
- Full-time IWD Recruitment Program Administrator, ASL interpreter, National Disability Program Manager, Wounded Warrior and IWD Executive Champion, Wounded Warrior Program Manager, and Recruitment Team on staff
Interested in advancing your career with the NAVAIR team? Leave your resume HERE
The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
Candidates apply to the WRP each fall through participating campuses managed by a School Coordinator. They are interviewed and pre-screened by federal employees who serve as volunteer recruiters. Candidates represent all majors, and range from college freshmen to graduate- and law-school students. Information from these candidate interviews is compiled in a searchable database that is available through this website to employers.
WRP is recognized by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as a model strategy in its guidance to federal agencies regarding the recruitment and hiring of people with disabilities. Since the program's expansion in 1995, thousands of students and recent graduates have received temporary and permanent employment opportunities through the WRP.
WRP is managed by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the U.S. Department of Defense's Diversity Management Operations Center (DMOC).
Learn more HERE