NAVAIR | Benefits
As a component of the U.S. Navy, NAVAIR offers an outstanding government employee benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and annual cost-of-living adjustments. You will also enjoy 10 paid federal holidays per year, 13 sick days, and can earn up to five weeks of vacation annually.
In addition, NAVAIR is a leader in providing family-oriented leave, leave sharing, flex time, part-time and job-sharing positions, telecommuting arrangements, child and elder care resources, and childcare services.
While some benefits vary from site-to-site, NAVAIR is dedicated to supporting our workforce—improving their quality of life—across the board. More detailed information can be found on OPM’s website.
Some of the outstanding benefits that NAVAIR provides include the following:
- Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS). Social Security, enrollment in the Thrift Savings Plan (a 401(k)-type savings plan), and a defined benefit (Basic Benefits) make up FERS’ competitive retirement plan.
- Discounted Group Health and Life Insurance. The Navy will pay a portion of your insurance, and you may choose to enroll in additional plans, including long term care disability insurance or dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts. Pay for out-of-pocket health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax money.
- Worldwide Employment Opportunities. Once you are a federal employee, it is easy to transfer between agencies or positions, including opportunities outside of the U.S.
- Leave Sharing. Employees may transfer unused accrued annual leave to other federal employees who need it because of a medical emergency.
- Monetary and Honorary Awards. The Navy recognizes creativity in the workplace by rewarding individuals and teams for contributions as soon as possible, with monetary, honorary, and/or time-off awards.
- Frequent Flyer Miles. You can retain promotional items, including frequent flyer miles, earned on official travel, for your personal use.
- Transit Subsidy. If you use public transportation to get to work, you may be eligible for reimbursement of qualified transportation expenses. It reduces your financial burden and helps alleviate traffic congestion and air pollution.
- Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Centers. Many sites offer recreational facilities and equipment rental; tennis, racquetball and basketball courts; golf courses; swimming pools; fitness centers and personal trainers. MWR also supports vacation travel services; special events, movies and amusement park tickets; catering services; beach cabins; family and youth programs; libraries; chapel services; banks, credit unions, and ATMs.