NAVAIR | Diversity & Inclusion
It takes more than strength and determination to make a difference for America, it takes a team as diverse and dynamic as the nation itself. NAVAIR brings together a diverse workforce of unique individuals from a range of backgrounds, experience, and talents, all unified by a calling to serve and strengthen our country.
Equality of opportunity is recognized by the Navy as an essential element of readiness. We believe that a diverse workforce in an inclusive environment will maximize NAVAIR’s performance and contribute to effective collaboration and the kind of innovation that keeps the Navy moving forward with the latest technology.
Your experience and unique perspective, skills, and abilities can shine in rewarding and challenging ways in service of your country.
Diversity Action Teams
NAVAIR Diversity Action Teams (DATs) have been established to support our efforts to build high-performing and creative teams where all employees are valued, respected, and given an equal opportunity to succeed.
DATs are charged with promoting continuous improvement at each NAVAIR location to remove barriers to equal opportunity within our organization. DATs support NAVAIR civilian employees with special programs and provide an open forum for employees to share ideas that can boost employee experience, satisfaction, and innovation.
Currently, NAVAIR has the following DATs:
- African American Pipelines Action Team (APAT)
- American Indian and Alaskan Native Action Team (AIAN)
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Action Team (AAPI)
- Hispanic Engagement Action Team (HEAT)
- Individuals with Disabilities Action Team (IWDAT)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Plus Allies Action Team (LGBTQ+A)
- Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)